Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Closet Lingerie Hanger "Fix-up"

I found this really cute Lingerie holder at my wonderful Thrift Store for $2.99. It is made very well and in perfect condition. It just needs a little fluffing (girly) added.


Wow. $2.99!

I recently scored this partial role of ribbon roses in Hobby Lobby's clearance section. Got several yards for around $4.

Even though the pink of the roses was a little different than the pink edges of the hanger, I was sure they would go fine together. I clipped the roses off of the ribbon and sewed one at each corner including on the back.

That amounted to about 10 roses but it only took about an hour to do the whole project. The back side also has 4 large pockets.

I decided that the hanger part really needed some fluff too. I added a large piece of pink ribbon and dug through my stash of jewelry pieces and found one clip on earring that was a cameo. It fit the mood I was after perfectly! I clipped the earring on the ribbon and then sewed a few stitches to make sure it stayed in place and laid right.

I have an Etsy shop as well as a little space in our local Antique Mall in downtown McKinney so I took the time to stuff a bit of pink tissue paper in each pocket and added some fresh linen scent.

Here's one final look. I would love to keep this but I'm just not the type of chick that has anything to put in it!


2 comments:

  1. i wanted to thank you so much for the sweet comment you made on my blog tonight. The lace lingerie hanger is very cute :) - but, like you said you weren't someone who would have things to put inside of it, me either! I guess we're similar.

    But i would be remiss if i didn't mention that i read through your wonderful blog and i have enjoyed everything you have written about the word and Christ. Wonderful messages throughout.

    Blessings and Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, my daughters would go crazeeeeee over this hold all. Lacy AND pink? They'd be in girl heaven!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

My Favorite Blogs