Saturday, November 20, 2010

Today has enough trouble of its own!

Have you ever wondered what "worry" is about? Why do we worry? Why can't we STOP worrying? Well, I think it comes down to one simple thing. Ready? You aren't gonna like it....

We worry because we want to CONTROL OUR LIVES. See, our little human minds believe that if WE do all the worrying, then we can control the outcome of situations. Giving up control of our lives is probably the hardest thing anyone of us will ever do. But, here's the big secret in all of this - once you try it - that is giving up the worry and letting God who is in charge of all do the worrying for you - it is one of the most free feelings you will ever experience.

Have you ever found yourself in a circle like this: "I worry that my car is going to break down any day and I won't be able to fix it and then I won't be able to go to work and then I will lose my job and then I will lose my house and then my family will leave me and then....." This is a vicious cycle and we can serve God wholeheartedly while we're riding this train. So, I say - GET OFF.

The Bible clearly states that we are not to worry. And not only are we not to worry about important things - we are not to worry about the piddly things either! Good Grief! Isn't God just a tad busy with saving the world from hunger and terrorists to worry about the fact that I have NOTHING to wear?? We are so good at boxing God up into our own little human perimeters.

"This is why I tell you: Don't worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Isn't life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the ski: they don't sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you worth more than they? Can any o f you add single cubit to his height by worrying? And why do you worry about clothes? Learn how the wildflowers of the field grow: they don't labor or spin thread. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was adorned like one of these! If that's how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and thrown into the furnace tomorrow, won't He do much more for you - you of little faith? So, don't worry, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear?' For the idolaters eagerly seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you. Therefore, don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:25-34.

So, here's my challenge to you - ask yourself this question - Do you in your daily life (I mean every bit of it) seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness? If you can say yes to that, then there isn't a reason in this world to worry. I'm not saying you have to be perfect but if your overall intent in life is to put God first, then you MUST believe that God will care and provide for you. If it helps, keep a journal. Record the challenges in life and how they were resolved. This helps a lot of people see that God was with them all along. Things don't always work out the WAY we would plan them but they do work out the way GOD designs them too.

Give a try - just for one day. Leave every single worry to God. Now, don't get me wrong. You still have to make decisions and function in life. You just have to give up worrying about the things that worry can't change.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Blogs